Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On the sixth day

I tagged along with Craig to his early morning rehearsal in an inner-city cottage slash recording studio which had 10 keyboards, a baby grand and a coffee machine and thus was pretty much my ideal place of residence.


Jamie picked me up down the street and drove me down to Seacliff to take photos of models wearing his band's merch shirts. Lessons were learnt: overcast days really take the photographic cake, I need to get better at making people feel comfortable in front of the camera, knock-knock jokes help.


I was delivered back in the city with $100 in my back pocket and the whole of the central markets to spend it in. Chinatown was looking brilliant with the cherry blossoms out so I loitered in the sunshine for a bit taking photos.


Wandering round the stalls and waiting for my lunch-mates to join me, I took photos that made it look like people were wearing banana-hats like some caribbean cruise performer.


Lasagne was consumed and dinner were ingredients purchased and then it was hometime, where the dining-room sunlight was hitting the dusty upright just so.


Then, a lazy laptop afternoon. I had my first tangelo and it was a revelation: way sweet, way juicy, easy to peel and eat by hand. Oranges are dead to me!


Korma for tea and off to my parents for homemade sorbet and a cuppa and company with the cat. He is the subject of around 60% of the conversation. He wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment